Potential upcoming European Commission funding available for European remembrance projects
Darparwyd yr eitem hon i Cymru’n Cofio Wales Remembers 1914-1918 yn Saesneg yn unig.
The European Commission (EC) has announced a new funding package called ‘European remembrance’, the final details and call for projects will shortly be released, but we understand that a First World War theme will be encouraged.
An organisation from Wales could bid for this money on its own as long as it has a strong European dimension. A stronger case can be made, if a project has a partner or two in another member state of the EU.
These projects will:
- Contribute to citizens’ understanding of the European Union (EU), its history and diversity.
- Raise awareness of remembrance, common history, values and aims of the EU.
- Preference will be given to projects that encourage tolerance, mutual understanding, intercultural dialogue and reconciliation.
- The maximum eligible grant for a project is €100,000 (approximately £82,800).
- The maximum project duration is 18 months.
- Public local/regional authorities or non-profit organisations, including civil society organisations, survivors’ associations and cultural, youth, educational and research organisations, associations of twinned towns can apply.
- Deadline of the 4th June 2014 for projects on European remembrance.
- Projects must start between 1 August 2014 and 31 Jan 2015 and one of the priorities for this year is the 100th anniversary of the beginning of First World War.
For more information visit: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/europe-for-citizens/strands/european-rememberance_en