Llancarfan War Memorial refurbishment – Welsh Government Historic Environment Service (Cadw)’s War Memorial Grant Scheme
This project is part of the Welsh Government Historic Environment Service (Cadw)’s War Memorial Grant Scheme. A grant of up to £10,000 is available for the up to 5,000 war memorials across Wales. For more information and guidance, click here.
*All text has been provided by the grantee
Llancarfan Community Council acknowledges that a grant of £1480.89 was contributed by the Welsh Government’s Historic Environment Service, Cadw, towards the costs of refurbishment of Llancarfan War Memorial.
The War Memorial is situated in St Cadoc’s Churchyard which is owned and managed by the Community Council. The very important, recently discovered, 15C wall paintings in the Church, attract visitors, not only from the UK, but from around the world. The War Memorial is in a very prominent position and now, after renovation, greatly enhances the setting of the Church. It is, once again, a fitting tribute to the fallen from our community. Villagers who have lived here for many years, have commented that they had forgotten that when the sun shines the clean stonework sparkles.