Powys War Memorials Project 2014-18: A Mark of Respect
Powys County Council
11/01/2016 - 01/12/2018
Powys County Council secured funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Cadw (the Welsh Government\’s historic environment service) and the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority for the Powys War Memorials Project 2014-18: A Mark of Respect.
The project, which coincides with the centenary of World War 1, is fully up and running.
There are many elements to the Powys War Memorials Project, including:
• Identifying, mapping and recording all the war memorials in Powys. There are about 300 known war memorials in Powys. However, it is thought that there are considerably more than this.
• Encouraging and enabling local communities, including children and young people, to carry out research about the people named on war memorials.
• Supporting local communities to carry out condition surveys of war memorials.
• Supporting local communities to access project funding for a rolling programme of repairs and restoration to war memorials and their immediate surroundings.
• Developing a series of walks and trails, including apps for mobile devices, that will enable people to explore the war memorials in Powys.
• Creating and maintaining a project website, which will include information about war memorials in Powys.
• Contributing to other World War 1 centenary projects, events and initiatives.
Please contact Nathan Davies if you would like more information about the Powys War Memorials Project.
Swyddog Prosiect Cofebion Rhyfel Powys/ Powys War Memorials Project Officer
Rhif ffon/ telephone: 01597 827 597
E-bost/ email: Warmemorials@powys.gov.uk
Ystafell/ Room A076
Y Gwalia/ The Gwalia
Fford Ithon/ Ithon Road
Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6AA